Our vision: a democratic Canberra, where citizens trust their elected representatives, hold them accountable, engage in decision making and defend what sustains the public interest
We want to do more than just describe what a better democracy might look like, we want to actually make it happen in the ACT
2020 Action Focuses
Continuing to improve ways for citizens to participate in creating our future in Canberra and beyond
- ongoing work with the ACT government and citizen groups to get our voice heard in decisions through evaluating and advocate for more ACT mini-public trials
- building the resources ‘library’ for members and the public
- working between academe and the public on bringing participatory and deliberative theory into practice
Developing further a program for building more transparent and responsive relationships with our MLAs
- analysing and building on the 2016 Candidate Statements to understand the MLAs’ view on representation
- ask citizens how they think a good representative works for us
- promote this conversation across the electorates
- plan action for the 2020 election
- promoting our Kitchen Table Conversations (KTCs) Tool Kit for community groups
- engage and work with community groups to enhance their campaign objectives
MLA Relationship Roles and Responsibilities Action Group Meeting.
January 22nd, 2020, at Tilleys at 9-30 to 12-30 am.
Do you want to host a Kitchen Table Conversation?
Kitchen Table Conversations are a great way to build a network of friends and neighbours to find out what you are concerned about and to look for ways to change that.