2019 Action Foci
Continuing to improve ways for citizens to participate in creating our future in Canberra and beyond
- ongoing work with the ACT government and citizen groups to get our voice heard in decisions through evaluating and advocate for more ACT mini-public trials
- building the resources ‘library’ for members and the public
- working between academe and the public on bringing participatory and deliberative theory into practice
Developing further a program for building more transparent and responsive relationships with our MLAs
- analysing and building on the 2016 Candidate Statements to understand the MLAs’ view on representation
- ask citizens how they think a good representative works for us
- promote this conversation across the electorates
- plan action for the 2020 election
- promoting our Kitchen Table Conversations (KTCs) Tool Kit for community groups
- engage and work with community groups to enhance their campaign objectives
MLA Relationship Roles and Responsibilities Action Group Meeting.
January 22nd, 2020, at Tilleys at 9-30 to 12-30 am.
Do you want to host a Kitchen Table Conversation?
Kitchen Table Conversations are a great way to build a network of friends and neighbours to find out what you are concerned about and to look for ways to change that.