Our vision: a democratic Canberra, where citizens trust their elected representatives, hold them accountable, engage in decision making and defend what sustains the public interest
We want to do more than just describe what a better democracy might look like, we want to actually make it happen in the ACT
Continuing to improve ways for citizens to participate in creating our future in Canberra and beyond
- Continue to work with the ACT government and citizen groups to get our citizen voice heard in decisions through evaluating and advocate for more mini-public trials in the ACT
- Building the resources ‘library’ for members and the public
- Working between academe and the public on bringing participatory and deliberative theory into practice
Developing further a program for building more transparent and responsive relationships with our MLAs
- Promote a Statement of Expectations for MLAs and Active Citizens that sets out what quality representation is
- Promote a conversation about MLA and citizen roles across the ACT electorates
- Run a Candidate Statements exercise for the 2020 ACT election
- Promoting our Kitchen Table Conversations (KTCs) Tool Kit for community groups
- Engage and work with community groups to enhance their campaign objectives
Sunday 30th August 2020, 2pm to 3-30pm
Mark Evans, Institute of Governance and Policy Analysis (IGPA), discussing the joint IGPA and Museum of Australian Democracy Democracy 2025 Project.
More details next week.
There are no upcoming events at this time.