You are warmly invited to a 2hr Zoom seminar hosted by Mark Spain and CAPaD – Canberra Alliance for Participatory Democracy
These activities are in service of our vision: a democratic Canberra (and Australia), where citizens trust their elected representatives, hold them accountable, engage in decision making and defend what sustains the public interest.
Topic: Empathy and Collaborative Meaning-Making: An Overview of Citizens’ Councils
Who is the workshop for?
- Deliberative democracy organizers
• Deliberative democracy practitioners
• Professional facilitators
• Community activists
The format of this mini-workshop will include:
- A presentation on Citizens’ Councils
• Whole-group conversation with Q&As
• A fishbowl format for a small taster of what happens inside a Citizens’ Council
This will also be a taste of Dynamic Facilitation as a process in the “operating system” of the Citizens’ Councils recently featured in the OECD’s report on “Innovative Citizen Participation and New Democratic Institutions”
For more details and to book your ticket go to:
Each of us and Secretary CAPaD